Logo © One Movie, Five Views - Header design by Erin V.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New “Avatar” Trailer!

I attended a screening of Amelia tonight, (reviews coming Friday), and much to my pleasant surprise they showed a brand-new trailer for the hugely-anticipated Avatar. This over 3-minute trailer has gotten me more excited for the film than the original teaser-trailer and 16-minutes of “Avatar Day” footage put together. It explains the story very well for those who don’t already know what it’s about, has a very classy type-font that looks like something right out of a ‘70’s blockbuster, and best of all reminds people of James Cameron’s impressive filmography.


The trailer plays (exclusively?) in theatres starting this Friday with Amelia, and according to MarketSaw 3D (The best online source for all Avatar related news), will be online next Thursday, October 29th. Admittedly, I was slightly let down by the previously released footage, but let me tell you, this awesome trailer alone has gotten me incredibly excited for the film.


-John C.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I'm avoiding the second trailer at all costs. Does it give too much away? I don't want to spoil too much for me. The 15 minute footage and teaser trailer was good enough for me.

One Movie, Five Views said...

If you already know the overall story line, (what an Avatar is, why the humans are going to Pandora, etc), then the trailer doesn't really spoil anything. I think you'd be safe just watching the trailer. If you don't want to be spoiled then just don't slow it down and watch it frame by frame once it hits the internet.

Thanks for reading!

- One Movie, Five Views

Greg Delaney said...

Avatar looks really awesome, but I suspect that there will be at least a few bad one-liners since it's mainly an action flick